Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TheNutHouse

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to TheNutHouse, We are a MultiGaming Clan. Happy New Years!
Most active topics
If you are interested in joining {TNH}
Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}
i'd like to join TNH. :)
Weapons & upgrades ?
HOW TO GET INTO OUR SERVERS WHILE GAMESPY IS NOT WORKING
What Pingo is doing for {TNH}
TNH Tornament
Xfire, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messengers
Server passwd ?
Hey all
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Statistics
We have 214 registered users
The newest registered user is coleslaw

Our users have posted a total of 251 messages in 105 subjects
ShoutBox
Teamspeak 3
Xfire Chat
Xfire - Gaming Simplified

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pingo
Admin

Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} Empty
PostSubject: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 am

I know it doesnt look like much but trigonometry does my head in, so its a painful process making. It isnt done yet but the options seen all work.

I'll explain the picture.

When you click on a name in the player list, the smiley face for that player turns red.
These smileys update in realtime to reflect the player position on the map.
Also the label at the bottom of the app displays the name and distance of the nearest player to the one in the list. The calculation is in meters, so the player is actually that distance in game meters.

If you hover the mouse over one of the smileys, a tooltip will display the name of that player. So you'l know exactly where everyone is.

Speed Hacking-
From my testing, at max a player can run about 10-15 meters in 2 seconds. Once you start speed hacking that goes to 20-35 meters in 2 seconds. The player gets detected within seconds and is automatically kicked. The player name and date/time gets added to the listbox to let you know who and when this happened. How that works, i read the player 3D vector (A) and wait 2 seconds then read point (B) and measure the distance. Thats the only ideas i had for speeders, but it works.

Anyhoo, if anyone has any ideas, just say. Peace!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
{TNH}Enforcer
Admin
{TNH}Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:32 am

WOW !! that is nice --- first I have seen !!

Very Nice Work

Enforcer
Back to top Go down
Pingo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 am

Remember telling me you use a txt file to ban players using the big buck tool. What information do you need to put in that txt file? Or if you dont mind, could you send me a copy of the tool so i can see for myself. I know dh2005 bans by IP and port but that info is only stored in memory and is cleared once the game is restarted.
Back to top Go down
{TNH}Enforcer
Admin
{TNH}Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That link should work for server add on
Thank you for all the work you do !!

Enforcer
Back to top Go down
Pingo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks for the link and np, i enjoy coding odd things for every and anything. Plus i always wanted to make something for DH.

I had a look at the tool and understand how the banner works. Its a blanket banner. Shocked Simple enough to make.
Works like this
If the player from the txt file joins, the tool sends the command to kick, doesnt matter if its the same person or someone on a different machine using the same name.
DH stores the ip in memory and takes over the kicking. The tool has no need to do the booting after that untill DH is restarted.
This banner has the same method i was gonna do if plan A doesnt work. I wanted to avoid banning by GT, rather by IP.
Plus the banner this tool uses can be bypassed. I guess the ip method can too. Maybe use PCID or something. If something like that can be done, good chance noone could bypass that.
Back to top Go down
{TNH}Enforcer
Admin
{TNH}Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 am

LOL you talking way over my head

i think IP banning would be better -- i have noticed the player # changes alot -- i think each time you disconnect & rejoin.

i wish I could read & write the program!

Thanks,
Enforcer
Back to top Go down
Pingo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 am

I'll let you guys know when i have something to test.

You guys using dh v1.2
Cause this app isnt like that other tool i made. This one reads and writes to 3 different addresses to gather the info i need. If your game version is different, the memory addresses might be too. I know someone released a v1.3 patch or something, that might change things. If you guys use v1.3, i'll update the app to scan the memory instead.
Back to top Go down
{TNH}Enforcer
Admin
{TNH}Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am

currently we are both running 1.2

this is link to 1.3 TNH patch -- if you wanna see if different

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks,
Enforcer
Back to top Go down
Pingo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks i'll have a look at it. I know who made it, i used to run a dedi server for him when we first started playing DH.
But i lost all respect for him when i helped him with some stuff and he took full credit. After that i figured id do better working on my own. That wasnt the first time i got burnt and probably wont be the last.
Back to top Go down
{TNH}Reckinball
Admin
{TNH}Reckinball

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Whats up Pingo. Just catching up on this forum post that enforcer sent me the link to. I checked out your admin tool and it looks awesome. You seem to be rocking and rolling. You are welcome to do whatever you would like to help improve the server and DH game. I will add you to the admin list. If you have stuff you would like us to test, just send myself or enforcer a message. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work. It is appreciated.

{TNH}Reckinball
Back to top Go down
http://thenuthouse.omgforum.net
Pingo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Sweet thanks. If any of you guys use cheat engine, could you scan something for me.
Scan for this string. Its Unicode
/provid

When i create a local dedi and join with my other machine, i scan for that and get one result.
Im just trying to get something to link IP with players. Scanning for this word and getting the IP seems a bit iffy to me but i'll see how stable it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Tracking {what iv got thus far}   Player Tracking {what iv got thus far} Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat-
Jump to: